- When should I have my Air Ducts Cleaned?
- Why should I have my Air Ducts Cleaned?
- How often should I have my equipment serviced?
- How often should I replace my Filters?
- What Maintenance should I do on my Air Conditioner?
When should I have my Air Ducts Cleaned?
It would be a good time to get your air ducts cleaned if:
- There is substantial visible mold growth
- There is substantial visible dust and debris settled in the air ducts.
- If you have a vermin, insect or rodent infestation.
- If you see particles of dust or debris being sent into your home from the vents and registers.
Why should I have my Air Ducts Cleaned?
Cleaning your air ducts is a great all around idea. It will improve the indoor air quality inside your home, which will lead to less allergy and asthma symptoms, no more bacteria and fungus being spread around, and all around breathing less dirty air. It will also reduce the amount you will need to dust your home. All ages of homes would benefit from an air duct cleaning, even new ones. A lot of dust, debris, fibers and more accumulates during the construction process, and likely has settled in your air ducts and is being blown around your home.
How often should I have my equipment serviced?
You should have your heating and cooling system serviced once per year. Ideally the heating system should be serviced in the Fall, and your Air Conditioning system in the spring. Having annual service will make sure your system is running at full capacity and efficiency at the start of the season you will need it. It will prolong the lifespan of your equipment, prevent future issues and break downs, and help you maintain a healthy and comfortable home.
How often should I replace my Filters?
For optimum efficiency and system performance, filters are suggested to be replaced once per month. Washable filters would also need to be cleaned once per month. While most people don’t do that kind of maintenance, it would significantly help your system’s performance, and save you money in the long run.
What Maintenance should I do on my Air Conditioner?
An outdoor air conditioning unit will not require much maintenance beyond changing the filter regularly for optimum performance. Make sure there is no debris, plants or anything else on or around the coil, and be sure to keep pets away from it, because pet urine can really damage the unit.